Friday, September 16, 2011

It's The End Of The World As We Know It


How in the multiverse does something like this abomination get made? I half expected the end of everything when I first saw this cover because that is what's suppose to happen when matter and antimatter meet.

ROBERT KIRKMAN (the matter), the genius behind 'Invincible' (the greatest teen superhero comic that you are not reading) and the near mythic 'The Walking Dead' worked on this comic with ROB LEIFELD (the antimatter), who we can all agree is the worst mainstream artist to ever work in the medium. I can forgive style but I insist on substance. Leifeld's work is soulless and ugly.

Again with the pouches and the undrawn feet. If I didn't know better I would swear this piece is a caricature of Liefeld. For a 'Liefeld' it's a bad 'Liefeld' and that is saying alot.

I can't even begin to imagine the lame names that were given to these two characters - who incidentally look like every other character Liefeld has ever drawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...