Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Whitney Port: Out & About in LA




Whitney Port was spotted out & about in LA, today September 27.
Whit recently spoke with Beth Schepens at The Wall Street Journal during London fashion week. Check out what she had to say below.
What’s in store for your fall collection?
It’s a lot of Aztec-y prints. I do custom prints, so they’re really fun and colorful. I have these wide-legged, kind of palazzo pants, as well as a more tapered version in prints and in solids. And then a lot of fun silky dresses that have print placement and blocking.
When you are creating your looks, who are designing for?
I think I design for myself and my friends and my sisters. I think about what they wear on a daily basis and what they think they need. I do a little market research with them, like “What do you want for next season?” I combine that together with the inspiration I get from the travel I do.
What was your inspiration for this latest collection?
This lifestyle of the L.A. girl mixed with the New York girl, which is what I find myself being constantly. In terms of the color palettes and the prints, it was inspired by this trip that I took to Africa last October.
What is your style advice?
It’s not necessarily about what everyone else is wearing or what’s on trend or what the celebrities are wearing. If it doesn’t work for you, you don’t have to go with it.
Click here for more posts on Whitney Port
credit - tlfan, blogs.wsj.com
~Kelli at Hills Freak



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...