Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Frances Bean Cobain: 'I'm Not My Parents'

Clay Aiken, move over. There's a new Broadway baby on the horizon.
Frances Bean Cobain: 'I'm Not My Parents'
Frances Bean Cobain, 15, the daughter of Courtney Love and late grunge legend Kurt Cobain, is headlining as the star of Evita, Grease and Beauty and the Beast – all for a fashion spread in the March issue of Harper's Bazaar.

Frances Bean Cobain Turned Down Lead Role In Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland

Still, the backdrops are appropriate, says her mother. "Frances grew up on musicals. I think musicals comfort her," Love, 43, tells the magazine. "She's a gay man trapped in a woman's body, like me."

The beautiful brunette also has a head on her young shoulders, aware that most interest in her stems mainly from her lineage. "I get it, I really do," she says, "but at the same time it's creepy."

Frances Bean Cobain Picture

"These people are fascinated by me, but I haven't done anything," she says. "If you're a big Nirvana fan, a big Hole fan, then I understand why you would want to get to know me, but I'm not my parents."

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/24100000/Frances-Bean-Cobain-frances-bean-cobain-24134793-400-391.jpg

Without dismissing the accomplishments of her folks (her father was dead before she was 2), Cobain advises, "People need to wait until I've done something valid with my life."

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2009/news/091228/courtney-love-2-240.jpg

Career Ambitions

As for what that will be – Broadway dreams and admiration for Dita Von Teese's style, notwithstanding – she's thought about photography and/or journalism (there may be a summer internship at Rolling Stone).

http://www.bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Courtney-Love-and-Frances-Bean-Cobain-p3.jpg

Even so, 'I'm taking my time," she says. "But I get asked what I want to do all the time because of my parents, because of the life I live."

http://802351.info/uploads/posts/32c26dc287ba3b521748db647f5cb180_01_11_2008_0875737001225546247_steven_meisel.jpg

And while she gets along with her mom, despite the occasional typical clash, Cobain sings praises of her paternal grandmother, who lives in Olympia, Washington. The teen calls her "the most constant thing I've ever had. I'm really lucky because I've been able to go places and meet people you can only dream of, but she's probably the person I respect most out of anybody in the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...